Saturday, March 28, 2015

Peek at My Week and a Freebie!


I am looking forward to this week at school, because I feel like we are really back in the groove after Spring Break!  We've applied a lot of what I learned from my visit to Village Tech, and I'm looking forward to seeing them achieve their goals.

Here's a look at what's going on in our classroom:


We are having an absolute blast with our poetry unit.  This week, I'm looking forward to seeing their personal growth as poets.  It's at about this time in our unit that I start to see tremendous growth, so I'm really ready for the school week to begin!  If you need additional resources for your poetry unit, click the image below!

Poetry Unit Grades 1-3

We are still using our daily income cards to track what we've earned for each part of our day.  At the end of the week, we find the total amount we've earned and make a deposit into our bank accounts.  Then, we reflect on our work and set goals for next week.

For our Afternoon Meeting, we'll be using several greetings.  Most of the time, I'll invite the students to choose and give them options to choose from.

One of the choices will be this Measurement Match by Unique Teaching, which will help us review units.  Students will find the person with the matching card and greet them with a handshake.

Measurement Match - Metric

We will also use my Multi-digit Addition Match Up activity.  Click the image for a FREEBIE!

Multi-digit Addition Match Up

We'll also use some of our old favorites, such as dice roll, hola, jambo, and the 1 minute greeting.

Enjoy the week, and be sure to check out what's going on with everyone else this week!  Many thanks to Mrs. Wills for hosting the link up!



No comments:

Post a Comment