Sunday, March 22, 2015

Peek at My Week & Poetry Unit




It's my favorite unit of the year in Writing Workshop... Poetry!  I just love seeing my young writers express themselves with poetry.  They have such great ideas and are able to create such brilliant poems.

We are using my poetry unit (click below to grab a copy), which I use and improve upon every year.  I learn so much from my students, so I change it and add to it based on what they teach me each year.

Poetry Unit Grades 1-3

So far, we've used our sunglasses to look at the world through the eyes of a poet.  We remember that poets see the world differently, just like things look a little different when we put on our sunglasses.

They came up with some GREAT ideas for poems!  Please excuse our spelling... We never worry about it when we're just gathering ideas. After all, our lists are just for us! :)





This week, we'll continue learning about crafting poems and using repetition as part of the art of poetry.  Collaborative poetry writing is a new one lesson this year, and I'm really to try it.  This was a suggestion from one of my young writers, and I think it's going to be awesome! :)

Here's a little Peek at My Week!



I'm linking up with Mrs. Willis Kindergarten.  Be sure to stop by and check out everything going on in other classrooms around the country this week!  (Isn't it great to be able to learn from people across the country!?)



No comments:

Post a Comment